Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adjusting to Parenthood

The first two weeks are pretty much a blur. However, one thing I will never forget is how much love and support we received right away. We were blessed to get so many meals especially from my parents, Anne and Carson, neighbors in our complex, and members in our church.

We were also lucky to have Aunt Max (Westin's sister) come and visit just two weeks after Morgan was born.

The first few weeks was the steepest learning curve and experience for both of us. Being a parent is the hardest thing we've ever done. Morgan is a great baby, she is very calm and sleeps really well. People tried to prepare us for becoming a parent, but something you can never truly be prepared for is the worry that comes along with it.

Morgan took a good three to four weeks to really start gaining weight. Westin and I were worried about her, but our families continued to re-assure us that everything would be ok.

We celebrated Morgan's one month birthday by going back to our old stomping grounds at the Baylands (Byxbee Park). Westin and I went on one of our first dates there and ran the 5.5 mile loop. I was slow, but I finished! It became one of our regular routes during the time we dated and we found it only fitting to show Morgan.


   
 In the midst of sleepless nights I was able to go and see Anne graduate from nursing school up at SFSU! She is officially an RN! Congrats Anne!!!

We were lucky enough to have our good friend Owen McQueen take Morgans baby pictures in our apartment on our dining room table. She was so precious and did a great job! She slept through the first half and woke up once we changed her outfit. Here are a few of our favorites.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment