Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Morgan Christine Hatch


Morgan Christine Hatch was born on May 5th, 2012 (a Cinco de Mayo baby). My due date was May 6th so she came right on time!!

On Friday May 4th I went and walked the dish with Kelsey Pearson around 10 am. After that I continued running many errands with my Mom trying to get things before the baby came. Around 6:00pm I was really getting tired and told my Mom I was done for the day. I was leaving my parents house and my mom noticed my new nike shoes (Westin calls them tennis ball shoes because they have a bright neon green trim around the bottom). She was telling me how bright they were and I wouldn't get lost wearing them.

The next thing I know I felt like I peed my pants! Not only did my water break, but it broke right down my leg onto my new shoes!! My mom and I both looked at each other and she said,"Rachel, it's time."

I replied, "time for what?"

She responded with a big smile, "It's time for the baby to come!"

 She relayed the news to my dad who called Westin to let him know my water had broken. My dad then came in and with a big smile on his face told me how happy he was. My mom asked him to hose down the porch, as my water had broken right in the front doorway.

Within the next hour I had gone home, eaten and checked into LPCH (Lucille Packards Children Hospital), the same hospital I was born at almost 26 years ago.

We got settled and turned on the Giants game, they were playing the Brewers. I got my epidural around 10:30pm. My parents and Anne came and stayed until around 2am, when I finally told them to go home and sleep since the nurse thought it would be another 3-4 hours. Around 4:45am my family came back to the hospital and I started to go into active labor at 4:55am. By 5:18am baby Morgan was born weighing 7 lbs 12 oz and reaching a total of 20.5 inches.

 My family then came into the delivery room and quickly began to show their love for Morgan. At the time we had three names we really liked, but had not picked one yet. It wasn't until around 1pm that afternoon that Westin and I chose her name.

Morgan - I first started to like this name back in 2011 during the Women's World Cup because of the up and coming forward Alex Morgan. I really liked her as a player and person and thought that Morgan would be a sweet name for a girl. Morgan also happens to be Westin's grandmothers  last name. Westin showed great love and adoration for his Grandma and we felt this would fit well.
Christine - My moms middle name (even though it's the name she goes by) and my sister Anne's middle name. We felt this name was fitting for her since my mom has played such a big role in my life and is a great example of the woman I want Morgan to be someday. She has also come to mean a great deal to Westin during his time in our family.

We spent Saturday and Sunday in the hospital and left Monday morning. We were lucky to have a few visitors - Betty Rowe (our Relief Society President), Kristine and Lisa Taylor (they brought some gorgeous flowers), Carolyn Carnifex and Owen McQueen (they brought flowers as well), and Liz Niccum (she visited the morning we checked out).

When we got home on Monday we were greeted with a hand made sign by none other than Carson along with balloons attached to stuffed animals and a bottle of Martinellis with flowers on the table. We were very lucky and received so much support right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment